Posts : 1961
Join date : 2010-01-04
Age : 110
|Subject: The Reference Interview Thu May 30, 2013 4:00 pm|| |
Determine the difference between Ready Reference and Bibliographic Search
- Ready Reference – The information requested is readily available and relatively easy to acquire.
- Bibliographic Search – If the information is not readily available and the patron has to return or if the information has to be emailed.
Understand the needs of the patron
- Know what type of information the patron needs:
- Is it a definition, statistics, general info etc.
- Determine the level of information the patron needs:
- For which course?
- For which lecturer?